Sunday, July 20, 2008

on your feet, soldier

It suddenly occurred to me that no longer will there be 13 missed calls for me, random smses, occasional ringing up after 2am, no one to go to the dumplings store at Chinatown with every other freaking day (because we are incurably hooked onto dumplings), no one who whom I can spring random surprises on like suggesting going to the beach after midnight, no door that I can come knocking on as and when I like, and bunk over for the night. No longer, no longer.

"I hope everyone will cherish everything they have now, and not wait till the day to lose it to regret, because for all you know, every person or every object by our side, might disappear the very next second."

How very true.

We made so many plans together, to go to new york, etc etc, and now all of them are not going to happen. Hanging out for the last time outside the winter cold way past midnight chatting, there were some regrets. So many places that we said we were going to travel to, but plans got cancelled nonchalantly. We said that if we had one more chance, we would definitely do what we had planned to, otherwise all that's left to embrace now are regrets.

It's time to be strong. On my own two feet. I will be my own emotional pillar, my own support, not because I want to, but because I have to.

On your feet, soldier. I have to fight this battle alone.

No comments: