Friday, July 06, 2007

My Last Day at Work






















Doncha wish that you were my colleague?

Last Day At Work: I bought all these little sugar babies for my fellow colleagues. Imagine my surprise when I had random dudes coming up to me to thank me for the cakes. I had intially only given the cakes to a few colleagues whom I've worked closely with, but the cakes ended up in a merry-go-round in the office.

I realized that I should really open up my eyes wide the next time round. This random dude came up to me in the office and started talking to me. I didn't want to be rude, so I had to restrain myself from asking, 'Excuse me, but who are you?'

I succeeded, and ended up staring at her with the most clueless eyes and blank stare you've ever seen.

Then, when I took the lift down from my workplace, two random colleagues started talking to me. Most importantly, they knew my name and they knew that I worked in the same office as them. Can you imagine my upmost surprise when they called my name and started talking to me? I just had to act normal, pretend that I actually knew who they were, and talked back to them.


I'm looking around for another job right now. Keeping in mind, the realization that 'Sometimes, you don't need to be the best. All you need is recognition.' And, of course, the right contacts.


My friend once told me that her teacher says it is not about how good you are, but rather, who you know, that will bring you far. I have already expanded my network base, been casting my net as far as I can. Money is not a criterion for me, I'll willing to work for free or an internship pay. Just got in touch with someone from CNA. Hope we can work something out.

No comments: