Wednesday, July 04, 2007

How I Spent My Day Today

1:30PM: Checked application status online. Approved!

1:31PM: Ran to colleague and told her I got in! She told me to start arranging lodging. I replied that I was going to go there to see the accomodation first. Talked abit, then hurriedly went back to my computer in exhilaration.

1:35PM: Realized that application was approved for Feb 2008, instead of July 2007.

1:36PM: Shouted to colleague that application for July intake wasn't successful. Wept silently.

1:37PM: Called up my agent aka middle man. DO officer wasn't in. Complained to poor receptionist that picked up the phone that hello? my application was for July 2007, not freaking Feb 2008, I'm not freaking going to waste half a year. Wept silently.

1:47PM: Hung up the phone after receptionist promised to revert my message to my DO officer. Started cursing under my breath and silently asking whether the freaking DO officer can afford to pay me back half a year of my life gone wasted under his hands. Wept silently.

2:15PM: Stared at 'YEAR 2008, SEM 1' on my computer screen.

2:16PM: Refreshed the page and stared at 'YEAR 2008, SEM 1' again.

2:17PM: Refreshed the page again. Then wept silently.

2:30PM: First time since lunch I got back to work. Wept silently.

3:41PM: Picked up phone. Realized got more than 10 missed calls. One from my friend who is flying to Australia today. One from my sis saying my officer called. And, the last from my officer.
3:42PM: Returned the call. Officer not in, asked to call back later.

3:43PM: Looked at missed calls and found one missed voicemail. Lady speaking on the other end left a voice mail saying that she is calling on behalf of my DO officer, and that my application for July intake has been unsuccessful.

3:45PM: Call up the officer that left the voice message. Not in! Asked to call back later. Meanwhile, wept silently.

3:47PM: Started banging around files on my workdesk angrily while at work. No mood to work. Wept silently.

3:48PM: Started comforting myself. Begin surfing the net for temporary jobs that will last me till next year. Wept silently.

4:00PM: Stared at 'YEAR 2008, SEM 1' on my computer screen.

4:01PM: Refresh.

4:02PM: Refresh again.

4:03PM: Refresh again.

4:04PM: Refresh again.

4:05PM: Refresh again.

4:06PM: Refresh again. Wept silently.

4:07PM: Phone rings. I had made bloody sure to put my phone to anti-silent mode, and picked the loudest ring tone.

4:08PM: Woman officer tells me that the Uni has rejected my application for the July 2007 intake. Wept silently.

THE NEXT ONE IS A CLASSIC. PLEASE DO NOT GO FOR ANY TOILET BREAKS AT THIS MOMENT.

4:09PM: Woman officer tells me that the Uni has rejected my application for the July 2007 intake BECAUSE THERE IS NO JULY INTAKE AT ALL!!!!

4:17PM: Happy. Go back to work. =)))

No comments: