Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Attire Indignity

So, after three days of suffering from donning strait-laced formal wear, I walked into office with my blistering toes no thanks to killer heels and too-tight shoes, straight-cut grey pants and a black blouse, and went straight up to my boss and asked,

"By the way, can I check with you something? What is the attire we are supposed to wear around here?"

Which is totally stupid and, not to mention, slow! After three whole days of work and clearly seeing all the other temp staff in causal attire, and me being the only uninitiated one who bothered dressing up for work.

My boss thought for a while, and she wasn't very sure either, since there wasn't a formal rule for office attire in our workplace. Finally, she came to a conclusion after some prompting...

"T-shirt, Jeans & Sports Shoes"

Yah, yah, laugh all you want!