Tuesday, August 14, 2007

hitting the bull's eye

After sending out a thousand job application forms, I finally got a reply yesterday, replying to my query on whether a job position I applied for was still available. That is, after three whole months. The editor must be really busy or something. I've even given up any hope of him ever replying.

Less than 48 hours after sending out my resume, I got a call today, requesting me to come down for an interview on Friday morning.

Interview. Right. Which also means that I'm not gonna get the job. MY DREAM JOB.

Not my pessimistic thinking working its magic, rather, it's a common fact that I am not verbally equipped enough to ace an interview.

And, even though I put 'Excellent' on my online application form under the column, 'English - Spoken', those who know me know that I can't even pronounce correctly.

What I do know is that I must not be late this time round. Because, at my last interview, I was just a little over two hours late. Which was probably why I never got into my dream school. Damn.

And, even though I've been aiming to get into Sept '07 intake, IF BY SOME GENIUS STROKE OF LUCK, I get this job, well all I can say is: Even if the world beckons, I'm staying put, right here on this sunny little island.

No comments: