Thursday, October 16, 2008

newbies in culinary art























Han's Chinese dishes






















Yoo Jeong's cheap imitation of Korean food

Quoted from the email I sent Sarah -
For the first time in months, I picked up my cooking pots and pans and exercised my culinary muscles once again, which I thought up till that point was reserved solely for the cooking of maggie mee.

Also, I figured that if cooking amateurs like my friends can do it, so can I! =)

Although I have to thank Sarah for that, because she was the one who gave me the motivation to cook once again.

Anyway, about two weeks back, I cooked a meal for YJ, and it was my first time cooking for someone other than myself. Well, ok, actually it's my second attempt. My first attempt ended up in three people getting diarrhoea. (Because my smart-ass friend decided to place the coconut-filled dessert in the fridge for a couple of days, and then went on to serve everyone in her household.) The thing was, YJ loved my food so much that she kept praising it throughout the entire meal, and she kept saying, "Oh my god, this is really good" or "You're really a good cook" or "This is so delicious, thank you so much for the meal" throughout the entire 30 minutes of eating my dishes.

1st attempt at cooking for a friend - success!

No comments: