Sunday, September 21, 2008

random ramblings


Four more weeks
till school ends. Four more weeks till I officially graduate from First Year in university. Time is one sneaky thief, I don't know where all the weeks went to. All I know is that by the time Monday rolls by, I've programmed myself like an automaton, ready to report back to uni again.

Booked my flight back to Singapore, so will be flying back with Dad, Mum and Sis. But, Mum's keen on a trip to Tasmania, because she thinks she will rot spending 7 days in Melbourne. I've been planning for a holiday trip to Tasmania with my friend forever but it's freaking expensive. And, in the end, we gave up on that idea. Too much moolah to pay for fantastic scenery.

I've been thinking a lot about where my degree is eventually going to lead me to. It's hard not to when everyone around me keeps asking me if I'm going to stay on after three years. At first, I thought the last place I would want to work in was the country where I grew up. But, then, I realize that my first love is still the entertainment industry. I've never lost touch on that, no matter how far away I am. I still know every artiste who sets foot in Singapore, which artiste and which drama is currently being filmed in Singapore. Friends back home are amazed that I know more about what's going on in the local entertainment industry, than all of them. Sometimes, I get angry and upset, because artistes who I have been waiting for many, many years finally decides to come to Singapore when I have decided to leave. No matter what, two years is a short time, and even with 95% international students applying for PR status, it holds zero appeal for me. My dream country to work in might not be Singapore, but it is definitely not Australia. This is only a stepping stone, and time will eventually demand an answer from me. New York, nonetheless, remains my first love. And, my ultimate dream.

My aim right now is to get a high-paying job to fund my planned trip to Korea in January to visit Yoo Jeong, who keeps pestering me to visit her country so she can bring me to the nicest eating and shopping places. If I'm going to fly there alone, I would definitely have to fund my own trip. Well, at least I wouldn't have to worry about accomodation, since I'm staying at YJ's place.

My biggest dream right now is to catch Epik High and DBSK in a live concert in Korea.

No comments: