Thursday, May 15, 2008

the difference between smart and stupid people

I spent weeks ahead of the deadline in the library researching, hours poring over heaps of books, days spent carrying out extensive online research, countless late nights typing out the essay.

My friend spent her week before the deadline partying, getting drunk pissed, wasted, smoking weed, and 24 hours before the essay due, fooling around. One hour before the deadline, working her ass off to piece together a decent piece of essay, and asking me to come up with some ideas.


In the end, we both got 20 marks for our essay.


Being born stupid means I have to do 10 times the work of everyone else just to reach their standard. Being born stupid means I have to spent 10 times the amount of time and effort above everyone else just to attain the same level of understanding as them. Being born stupid means that I have to work harder than everyone else.


And, sometimes, I wonder why I bother putting in so much effort at all.

No comments: