Monday, February 12, 2007

regret is a painful thing.

Even though it's sad, it is reality.
It doesn't matter how much I cry,
I can't run away from the disease.
Even if I want to return to the past,
I can't go back in time.

This is exactly how I feel right now.
Or rather, how I want to feel.
Regret is a scary thing,
it represents a stabbing pain in your consciousness,
that you would otherwise like to erase from your mind.

Sometimes, we watch or read of people who are born with some kind of disability, but never allow their handicap to be a crippling force in their lives. We admire such courageous qualities in their fighter spirit, but the truth is, it is precisely their disability that makes them stronger than any one of us.

If I could choose
Can I go back to a time
when I was innocent and free

The vagaries of life
I had an epiphany
Can I view adulthood with a child-like innocence?

Sometimes, I wish I was a kid again, then I wouldn't have to view the world with such tainted eyes. Life would be like a rainbow in its shining glory. Wouldn't it be nice not have to worry about money, grades, relationships, and to lead a life with bliss, to eat, sleep and watch TV without a care in the world but -

Even if I want to return to the past,
I can't go back in time.

No comments: