Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jeon Ji Hyun @ IMM

Smartly armed with my brand new Kodak P850 cam, I flew over to IMM to take some pics of Jeon Ji Hyun. After her smash-hit My Sassy Girl, fans (me being one of them) have awaited for years for that rare opportunity should she ever make a trip down to the Lion City. She's the first Korean female artiste to have invaded our grounds (not that we are complaining, of course)!

Before the photos....did I mention that I was scolded a total of 3 times during that press conference cum meet-the-fans gathering at IMM?

1st:
Guilty: A kaypo auntie in her 40s
Scenario ->
KA: (Shouting to me suddenly while surrounded by hordes of fans busy clicking their cameras away) OII!!! Gurl, you want to take photos izzit??!!! (makes her way out of the crowds) HAIYO!!!! Want to take photos, come inside LAH!!! (all heads turn and stare at innocent me)
Me: (meekly) Huh...no need la, nevermind (makes a hand gesture to turn down the offer)
KA: HAIYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME INSIDE LAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
(drags me ALL THE WAY to inside of the crowd and makes a tsk-tsk sound)
Result: Me becoming Centre of Attention for the Day

2nd:
Guilty: Security Guard
Scenario ->
By then, I was already very very paiseh, and I wanted to dig a hole in the ground to bury my head. By then, everyone's eyes were fixated on me instead of the real star of the day. Blame the Singaporean's man obsession for gossip to divert their attention. When I thought things couldn't get any worse, and I couldn't make myself any more embarrassed, just as I took out my camera to take a picture of...
SG: HEY!!!! MISS!!! NO FLASH LIGHT ARH, PLS!!!!!!
Me: Huh..orh...ok....
SG: (repeats himself as though I'm deaf) NO FLASH LIGHT ALLOWED.
Result: All heads turn. Me turning into a bigger Centre of Attention for the Day

3rd:
Guilty: 2nd Security Guard
Scenario ->
Well, so anyway, I was really very paiseh, because before that, I was frantically clicking away with my flash light ON. And, I had caught the security guard looking at me with the look that makes people go, "I swear, if looks could kill, I would have died there and then on the spot!". Well, clearly as my situation shows, ignorance IS NOT bliss.
I scramble off to find a second spot. When I thought that I had found the perfect spo-
2SG: HEY! MISS! (comes up to me) NO FLASH LIGHT IS ALLOWED.
Me: (rebukes him all self-righteously) Yah, what. Got no flash light what.
2SG: Ok, good. NO FLASH LIGHT IS ALLOWED.
Result: Everyone looks at me as if I've just committed a crime. A woman gives me an apologetic smile.

By then, my mood was like kana sai. But I still took some great photos anyway!





















Babe alert! Her hair looks a bit messy tho, and she seems to be in a rather contemplative/reflective mood.
















By this time, I noticed the security guard staring at me fiercely, but I ignored him anyway, and continued happily clicking away with my flash light ON. Everyone was doing it, anyway.





















By this time, I am convinced. I am a great pretender.

No comments: